mods & tweaks, reviews & musings about motorcycles, parts, & accessories

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Finally updated new bike.

I seldom write on this blog, but thought i should update it to at least show my current bike. It is a 2008 Yamaha wr250x. I'll post some pics of it & try to show any mods i've made.

I got it in July of '09.  It had 220 miles on it.  It is the super moto version, but i put knobby tires on it for more offroad worthiness.

I put on a skidplate, handguards, rox risers & a higher alloy handle bar.  I got a lower seat & put on the yamalink, which lowers it down another inch or so.

I added a rack i took off my drz, cut down the tail light assembly, took off the clutch & kickstand safety switches, & added a more open exhaust pipe.

I also removed the exup assembly, & did the 10k resistor mod to clear the check engine light from the exup.  I removed the ais assembly, the vacuum flapper & screwed down the flap for the air noise reducer.  This also opened up the air intake a little.
I put the swivel pegs from my drz on the wrx, put some led turn signals on the front, & mostly have just ridden it.  I've put over 3k miles on to date, & it has been a great upgrade for me from the drz.  It is lower, lighter, & is easier for me to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Semi-retired home builder. Musician. Former adventure rider. Philosopher. Innovator. Tech freak, genealogist, golfer. Cosmic Watcher.