mods & tweaks, reviews & musings about motorcycles, parts, & accessories

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

pivot pegz, radiator guard, tail light housing, rotopax tank mount, tank bag



Pivot pegz from drz.

I took my old pivot pegz off the drz when i sold it, & saw they could be made to fit. Kim welded a washer to the back of the peg so it hit the stop, i added a washer to fill in the gap, & they seem to work.


Here's a radiator guard i made from some extruded metal that my good buddy Kim had laying around. It's not as sturdy as an aftermarket one, but it will keep rocks & debris from damaging the radiator, & it will improve air flow. I also removed the fan housing from the back side, since it was what the original plastic guard attached to.













I didn't like the way the tail light came down so far.. i like the japanese & euro models much better.. but i didn't want to spend more money for those or the drc replacements, so i cut it down & made a bracket to attach the license plate to.








Here's my rotopax mount, too.. not very elegant, but functional. I need to make it easier to put on & off.

I bolted a section of aluminum box (part of a patio screen door frame) from the buddy peg to a bracket i had attached to the upper rear frame. Then i bolted a small piece of aluminum 1/8" sheet to that & the upper frame. The rotopax mount attached to that. The upper part is another aluminum bracket with a plastic piece on it that slips through the handle.. maybe not necessary, but helps to hold everything on. & keep it secure.


Here is an inexpensive tank bag.. on sale at motorcycle superstore for $17.. I've used many different tank bags over the years.. this one fits the wrx very well, has clips for easy on/off, & was cheap. I can carry all my incidentals, snacks & drinks in this bag.

This is a moose racing tank bag.













No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Semi-retired home builder. Musician. Former adventure rider. Philosopher. Innovator. Tech freak, genealogist, golfer. Cosmic Watcher.