mods & tweaks, reviews & musings about motorcycles, parts, & accessories

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Helmet cam & mount.

Here's the helmet cam mount i've been using for the last year or so. It seems to work, so i've stayed with it.

Here's the velcro strap on the mount. I zip tied a piece of silicone handlebar grip to it to hold it out the right distance.



It straps right next to the inside chin foam. The shield will still close, but not tightly.



Then the camera mounts on it. It took a lot of trial & error to get it aimed the right way.



My cat was trying to figure out what was so neat about this thing.. it didn't smell like you could eat it, so what's so interesting about it?

It's not very elegant, but it works. I had it bolted to the top at first, but didn't care for the angle of the shots, & the top mount. I think this is at eye level more, & seems to go with my sight line better. I'm sure there are better engineered ways to do it, but i've been too lazy to work on it. Besides, this is working ok, & if it ain't broke, i'm not fixing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Semi-retired home builder. Musician. Former adventure rider. Philosopher. Innovator. Tech freak, genealogist, golfer. Cosmic Watcher.