mods & tweaks, reviews & musings about motorcycles, parts, & accessories

Saturday, May 15, 2010

rox riser, alloy high bars

I've had these on for a while, but haven't described them much.  I wanted higher bars for standing & sitting back in the seat on long rides.  I also wanted a lighter, stronger  bar than stock.  I picked up a set of 7/8" rox risers on ebay, & i had a high bar.  The main problem was getting everything to fit.  The longer bar meant the throttle tube wouldn't fit, nor the clutch cable or turn signal assembly.  I cut 1" off the ends of the bars.. that made them a little narrower, but not too much.  The bike still handles fine.  I had to re route the clutch cable to the inside of the bars, instead of to the front & outside.  I also had to loosen & stretch the wires going to the turn signal assembly.

I put everything on before attaching the bar to the risers, & put the risers in line with the forks.  I didn't need them to tilt back any more, & like the feel of the bars being in line with the forks.

Here you can see the throttle tube turned down.











The clutch cable had to be routed behind the triple clamp.

I've been on several long rides with this setup, & am pretty happy with it.  It's fine on long cruises, & also in tight, technical riding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Semi-retired home builder. Musician. Former adventure rider. Philosopher. Innovator. Tech freak, genealogist, golfer. Cosmic Watcher.