mods & tweaks, reviews & musings about motorcycles, parts, & accessories

Thursday, May 20, 2010

seat report!

This week Tom & I took a ride to sheep's bridge.. it was a total of about 250 miles, with a lot of freeway, winding, bumpy dirt roads, & some really gnarly boulder field crossings.  How did my seat work, you might ask..  Well, i think i have found a very good balance for riding long rides mixed with technical terrain.  This ride had both, & this seat fit the bill.  I hardly thought about it, except when marveling at how comfortable my behind was at the end of the day.  On the long easy stretches, i slid back in the seat & sat in comfort.  In the gnarly sections, i slid forward & had an easy reach to the ground.
Here's a pic Tom took of me going down the rocky section after the bridge.  I'm slid forward & can 'paddle' with my feet & stay steady.

I thought earlier that i might trim some of the back off & make it a bit narrower.. but now i think i'll leave it alone.. My bottom isn't that tiny & it really likes the room.

I also noticed the bumps didn't make me stand as much.. at least the bumps you get on long dirt roads ~ 40mph.  The seat soaks them up, & the combination of the gel pad, the foam under, the kydex pan, & the closed cell bottom foam all disperse the vibration.

I don't think i'll need a sheepskin cover.. this is the best motorcycle seat i've ever sat on.. compared to any custom seat & i've sat on a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Semi-retired home builder. Musician. Former adventure rider. Philosopher. Innovator. Tech freak, genealogist, golfer. Cosmic Watcher.